Last update: June 2021
We are very delighted that you have shown interest in our enterprise. JENTIS GmbH (hereinafter “JENTIS”) develops software solutions for website tracking based on a unique Twin Server technology. JENTIS provides software as a Service (“SaaS”) to businesses. JENTIS operates the website to showcase its products and tell its story. The URL of the website is: https://jentis.com/ (“JENTIS website”).
Personal data we collect and process
The term “personal data” is defined by the GDPR as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). Personal data is any data that allows you to be identified or that can be linked to you.
We collect and process personal data you voluntarily submit to us, as well as information provided automatically by your browser or mobile device when you visit the JENTIS website.
Typically, we may collect and process the following categories of data:
- your first and last name;
- your contact information, such as telephone and e-mail address;
- your business information, such as company name and type;
- your opt-in to receive our marketing materials, such as promotions and newsletters;
- your IP address;
- operating system;
- browser type;
- browser version;
- browser configuration;
- any other relevant information regarding your computer and Internet connection in order to identify the type of your device, to connect you to the website, to exchange data with your (mobile) terminal device, or to ensure the proper use of the website;
- the URL and IP address of the website from which you access the JENTIS website or from which you are transferred to our website, including date and time;
- any pages of the JENTIS website on which you click during your visit, and any links on our website on which you click, including date and time;
- the entire Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream regarding, through, and from the website, including date and time;
- information collected by cookies or similar technologies (as explained below)
- any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of cyber-attacks on our information technology systems.
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be erased at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
Cookies currently used on JENTIS website:
|jts-rw||JENTIS||Strictly necessary||Storage of JENTIS user-id||3 years|
|jctr_sid||JENTIS||Strictly necessary||Storage of JENTIS session-id||session|
|jctr_uid||JENTIS||Strictly necessary||Storage of JENTIS user-id||session|
|_gid||Analytics||Distinguish users||1 day|
|_ga||Analytics||Distinguish users||2 years|
|_fbp||Marketing||Tracking and marketing||3 months|
|_hjid||Hotjar||Analytics||Create user ID for website tracking||1 year|
|_hjTLDTest||Hotjar||Analytics||Tracking across subdomains||session|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||Hotjar||Analytics||Track users within the pageview limit||30 minutes|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||Hotjar||Analytics||Detect first pageview session of the user||31 minutes|
|_BEAMER_FIRST_VISIT||Hotjar||Analytics||Store the date of the user’s first interaction with insights||3000 days|
|_BEAMER_USER_ID||Hotjar||Analytics||Store internal ID for a user||300 days|
|ubvs||Unbounce||Analytics / Marketing||Track page traffic||180 days|
|ubvt||Unbounce||Analytics / Marketing||Assist A/B testing, showing the same page to the user upon return to the website||3 days|
|ubpv||Unbounce||Analytics / Marketing||Track conversions||180 days|
|_lfa||Leadfeeder||Analytics / Marketing||Track page traffic||2 years|
How we use personal data
JENTIS does not draw any conclusions about the visitors of the website. Rather, this information is processed for the following purposes:
- deliver the content of JENTIS website correctly,
- optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement,
- ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology.
To help improve the performance of the website, as well as develop new features and functionality we collect and analyze usage information. Processing personal data for analytics purposes is done in an anonymized form. Doing so we aim at increasing the data protection and data security to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
Our legal bases for processing of personal data
We collect and process personal data in accordance with the requirements of Articles 6, 13 and 14 of the GDPR, relying on the following legal bases:
- performance of JENTIS services, Art. 6(1)(b);
- legitimate interest relating to our services, Art. 6(1)(f);
- your explicit consent to process your data, Art. 6(1)(a);
- our necessity to comply with a legal obligation Art. 6(1)(c).
We may also process the data if it is necessary to protect vital interests of our users and/or other people, or for the performance of an obligation to carry out in the public interest pursuant to Art. 6(1)(d) and (e).
Contact possibility via the website
The website of JENTIS contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to JENTIS, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general e-mail address. If a data subject contacts JENTIS via e-mail or a contact form, the personal data transmitted as the result are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the data controller are stored for the purpose of contacting the data subject.
Period of retention of personal data
Your personal data will be stored for as long as this is necessary for achieving the defined purposes of processing. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely erased as long as it is no longer necessary for the initiation or the fulfillment of the contract. If the storage purpose is not applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another authorized legislator expires, the personal data are routinely erased in accordance with legal requirements.
We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data analyses, and processing and/or storage offerings (e.g., IT and related services). We may also use the assistance of third parties to improve our website as well as certain tools for our marketing. These third-party service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We contractually obligate them to keep any information we share with them confidential and to process personal data only according to our instructions. The legal basis for such processing would be legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
In addition to service providers, other categories of third parties may include:
- Vendors/public institutions. To the extent that this is necessary in order to make use of certain services requiring special expertise (such as legal, accounting or auditing services) we may share personal data with vendors of such services or public institutions that offer them (e.g. courts). The legal basis of this data processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Disclosure in the event of organizational changes. We may disclose personal data to allow a change of ownership of JENTIS (including, but not limited to, an acquisition by or a merger with another company, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of services to another provider) and related transfer of all such information to the new owner, in which case any information remains protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. The legal basis for such processing would be Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Other than in the cases mentioned above, we will only transfer personal data to third parties upon explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, or if we are obliged to do so by statutory law or by instruction from a public authority or court.
We are very committed to establishing internal procedures to ensure that your personal information is both accurate and protected from accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. JENTIS has implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through the website. However, internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transfer personal data to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone.
Rights of the data subject
You may at any time and at no cost request us to provide you with information about your personal data processed by us, correction of any errors in your personal data, termination of processing of your personal data, or erasure of your personal data – subject to mandatory legal provisions or obligations to the contrary.
In particular, if you qualify as the “data subject” under the terms of GDPR, you have the right to:
- request information on personal data processed by us about you as provided by Art. 15;
- in accordance with Art. 16, immediately demand the correction of incorrect data or completion of incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17, request erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing of the data is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18, request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you or the processing is unlawful;
- in accordance with Art. 20, receive in a structured, standard and machine-readable format your personal data processed by us or request transmission to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7(3), revoke at any time the consent you previously granted to us. As a result, we will no longer be able to continue the data processing based on this consent;
- in accordance with Art. 77, lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or the legal address JENTIS for this purpose.
- if your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f), file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21, provided that there are reasons based on your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which shall be implemented by us without you specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us using details indicated below under contact details. Please include any information that would help us identify you in our database, such as your full name and email address.
To exercise your rights under GDPR, contact us at any time by letter or e-mail at:
Schönbrunner Straße 231
Phone: +43 1 997 43 54
Business Register: FN 529675i
Commercial Court of Vienna