Traditional tracking on the web faces significant challenges:
- Decreasing data quality: It is disturbed and blocked by adblockers and tracking preventers – you get much less and even more wrong data for your marketing.
- A lack of data control: It captures extensive user data on your website, but it happens outside of your control – often, you don’t own your valuable data; your third-party providers do.
- Strict data protection requirements: It poses a high data protection risk because personal data reaches third-party providers uncontrolled.
What is server-side tracking?
Server-side tracking captures website data on a dedicated server rather than in the user’s browser (the “client”), as is the case with traditional tracking. Server-side tracking captures data unaffected by adblockers and tracking prevention. This means that you receive far higher-quality data.
After capturing the data on your own server, you can modify it and forward it to existing analytics and marketing tools as required. This way, you remain in control of the data, prevent dependence on third parties and determine the level of data protection yourself – without having to change your existing tools.
Client-side tracking explained
Traditional tracking (client-side tracking) is usually done by third-party providers (e.g. analytics tools, social media platforms, …) that collect valuable raw data on your website but often only provide them with limited, aggregated reports.
With Server Side Tracking, you eliminate the disadvantages of conventional tracking and get the basis for future-proof data strategies in a privacy-first context.
Your other advantages with Server Side Tracking
Improved page load times
Quick and easy setup
Many server-side tracking solutions require a high use of resources. With JENTIS, you can rely on system scalability and maximum stability. We take care of all the technical requirements for you, monitor performance and ensure maximum availability in the background – so you can concentrate on the most important things.
At a glance: Client-side vs. server-side tracking
Disadvantages of client-side tracking
❌ Adblockers and tracking preventers hinder data collection
❌Lack of data control
❌High privacy risk
❌Dependence on third-party providers.
Advantages of server-side tracking
- Track unaffected by adblockers and tracking preventers
- Full data control and raw data
- Simply comply with data protection requirements
- Independence and future-proof first-party data strategy
Are you ready for server-side tracking? Get our free checklist with everything you need to know!